Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SWEET ART


My mother is an extremely talented artist. She has been painting and creating and making beautiful things for as long as I can remember. Today, she opened up her very first ETSY shop! I'd like to introduce you to the
Canvas Bakery, where you can find all of your handmade sweet treats. She only has a few items posted as of today, but her collection will be growing over the next few weeks for sure.

My favorite item right now are these beautiful hand sculpted cake boxes for holding trinkets and such in. She uses wooden hinged boxes and COVERS them with 'frosting' to look just like a cake. You can customize your cake box in any 'flavor' you'd like.


I can just imagine giving one of my girlfriends who is currently engaged a gift in one of those boxes. Perfect for the bride to be! Or to my other girlfriend who is currently pregnant for her daughters first tea party. Sweet treats indeed!

Doesn't that frosting just look positively delicious? Hard to believe its not real...

{images via canvas bakery}

No comments: