Wednesday, May 11, 2011

PINKING AROUND

The blogs were abuzz the other day when design*sponge posted this image of a room with a shocking pink coffee table. Some have had serious objections to its bright pop to the room, but I have to say, I fell in love immediately!



I think the neon pink livens up what could have been a dark and stormy room! So it got me thinking, in what other ways can we incorporate unexpected brightness?



The pink on the chairs here really makes that boring table fun.



I would adore a huge pink desk for my office! I don't think Andrew would like it very much, but its just so glam!



The shocking pink interior of these heavy carved bookcases are JUST sublime! The Gothic feel of the room is much softer by bringing in the unexpected.

SO what do you think of these uses of the color pink? Not exactly something I would have thought of doing, but I really love the element of surprise each one of these rooms evokes.

No comments: