Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ROCHESTER



I just got home from a very cold yet beautiful trip out east to visit my family in Rochester, NY. My wonderful cousin Emily invited me to baptize her son, Jacob and I jumped at the opportunity to be a Nouna (Godmother in Greek) and take a much needed vacation.



While I am a California girl at heart, I like to think I did pretty good in the FREEZING cold winter weather out there. I have never experienced 'wind chill' outside of Mammoth and dealing with it for five days was enlightening.



My godson Jake did amazingly well at his baptism, even managing to spit out 'blah blah blahh' as the Father was denouncing Satan from his little body. It was quite hilarious!!! He only cried for a few moments, and was pleasant even after getting dunked in holy water and rubbed down in oil.



All in all, a wonderful trip that was obviously too short. I miss my family dearly, and I can't believe it had been 10 (YES, 10) years since we had all seen one another. Emily and I made a pact to see each other at least every other year now, alternating between California and New York.

No comments: